Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Running

I hate running more than anything on the planet.

Just so everybody knows it.

Yesterday, after my run (Romans 7:19), I was walking back feeling refreshed and in a better mood and it occurred to me that my body was made to run. God created our bodies to move and He gave them the ability to run, and by choosing not to exercise that gift because of laziness, I am not honoring God with my body. I worship by using my body for what it was created to do.

Exercise has been a release for me. I don't have to think. My mind just shuts down for a while and I can let my body just move on its own (or with the help of a moving belt underneath).


The wind blows for You
the grass is green for You
the clouds move for You
the earth spins for You
my body moves for You
my mind thinks for You.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this too. I look forward to talking to you more about exercise when you come home.

    ReplyDelete