Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Loneliness

I am a human. I need people around me. I was made for living in community with others.

I am an introvert. I enjoy spending time alone. I was made to get my energy from being alone.

Balance?


When is it to the point of hanging out with people because you need them and hanging out with people because you need them? (I understand that that sentence doesn't make any sense). When am I hanging out with people because I feel that I need to hang out with them or have their approval or be with them constantly? And when is hanging out with them a healthy expression of living in community where hanging out is beneficial, but not absolutely necessary with that person?

I can't seem to find balance and am lonely. I don't want people to just feel sorry for me, that's not why I'm writing this. I'm writing because I need to just sit and type it all out and maybe someone will have some good advice or maybe just some clear words because there isn't even one speck of clarity in my head right now.

2 comments:

  1. integration of both/and, not balance of either/or.

    i think loneliness is normal for everyone, and i also think it can be like hunger: a good sign of near-future satisfaction. plus a sign of health.

    http://moon-bathing.blogspot.com/2006/07/samishii.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you mean because I am both an introvert and extrovert and sometimes cant tell which at which time. I wish I had some advice or solace, or something. The truth is, I'm still figuring it out myself... so if you figure it out, let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete